The Pre Prep Reading program aims to:
- Ease the transition into a formal school setting.
- Begin to develop problem solving strategies required by early readers.
- Begin to develop cooperation, communication and socialisation skills.
Tuesday afternoons from 2:30pm-3:15pm in Term 3.
- 14th of August
- 21st of August
- 28th of August
- 4th of September
- 11th of September
- 18th of September
Coordinators: Prep teachers and student teachers
Students: Students must be enrolled to attend Seaholme Primary School for the following year in order to participate in this program.
Organisation of Session:
- Reading of popular known book
- Shared Reading with Big Book
- Follow up reading activity
- Student to take a book home each week
- By the end of the children’s sessions they will have a portfolio of familiar reading texts and activities
- Enquiries please contact the office for your enrolment form on 9398 2806.